My Cobalt Rebel GMT arrived, and I am thrilled with the watch and the whole experience. What follows is a stream of consciousness reactions to my new pride and joy. To set the stage, I am a watch freak and have experience with a variety of other brands plus I have educated myself to know what to look for in a quality timepiece.
1. Feels great on the wrist, very comfortable. Slips under my sleeve easily. Easy to read.
2. The packing and presentation are equal to the best I have gotten and superior to a lot of others.
3. The LIV signature bag is nice touch.
4. The pillow for the watch is the best I have seen yet as well. Might use it in one of my winders.
5. The emails after the sale were great. Received three; order confirmation, telling me it had been packed, then telling me it had gone to the shipper. From there, I kept checking with the shipping status. Just enough to let me know nothing was missed.
6. All-in-all, the experience lives up to the goal of providing a concierge-style service and premium product, including packaging.
7. A couple more observations. I liked the double packing inside the shipping box for the watch box. Everyone pretty much has the tissue paper protection inside the box surrounding the watch box. The textured fabric that was also used was unexpected and nice.
8. The quick start card was perfect! Most manuals are multi-movement and wading through them to your particular movement is a pain. Or can be. I downloaded the LIV User Manual PDF. Very nice. It needs to be clickable so that clicking on your watch or the page number takes you to the spot rather than scrolling.
9. The watch itself is beautifully finished. It has a smooth, compact, dense feel in the hand and tends to be weightless on the wrist. I own two watches that are 16 oz. No joke. Perhaps I am used to the weight. I had to prove it to a Weight Watchers lady one time (our company was offering it for all employees as a wellness program). I stepped on the scale and asked for a reweigh because I had my watch on. She thought I was joking until it got back on and was a pound lighter.
10. The dial is outstanding; the multi-layer design is beautifully done and the texture of the 2nd layer makes it pop. Colors are rich and vibrant.
11. I like the fact that this is a hacking movement. I don't have many. I also love the fact that the date is black with white numbers. To me, it looks more polished. Plus, the black numbers on white is far more common.
12. Fit and finish is flawless. The tiny bevel on the crystal is a very elegant touch.
13. The fact that the lugs are smaller than some other watches I own makes it fit well right away. It drapes nicely around my wrist like it was sized just for me. I have a 7.5" wrist, not huge but big enough that some watches and bands don't feel right if the lugs are too pronounced and dig into my arm.
14. Last observation and I will leave you to ponder your next LIV Watch purchase. Under the LED strip lights in my PC cabinet/desk, the watch glitters. The high polish around the indexes, the satin finishes on the case, the gloss of the crown work together perfectly.
If the rest of the LIV models are this well executed, you won’t be disappointed with any of them.
Tom T. MN Watch Freak and now LIV Watch fan