Five Year Warranty
The LIV Pledge
Our promise to you is to deliver a quality timepiece created in the tradition of Swiss watchmaking and craftsmanship. Our Quality Assurance team ensures that every component of every timepiece undergoes rigorous testing for all the criteria we've established. Any watch purchased at LIVwatches.com is automatically registered and covered under our international five-year warranty.
Quality Assurance Processes
From the multitude of parts, large and small, to the finished product, every part of a LIV watch has been thoroughly inspected and tested to ensure that it has met all visual and functional tests. We test all movements and movement components to ensure that they are technically, dimensionally, and aesthetically sound. We subject all our cases to water-resistance and condensation tests. We verify the quality of the hands, dials, straps, and bracelets. We also conduct tests during our casing-up and assembly processes. Once a LIV watch is cased up, it's subject to another round of testing, including airtightness, functionality testing, and a microscope-aesthetic test.
Additional Warranty Information
Our watches are covered by a five-year* warranty from the date of original purchase.
*Important note regarding automatic watches: Every automatic watch requires maintenance and the frequency depends on the model, climate, and conditions of use. As a general rule, your automatic watch should have a complete LIV Watches overhaul every 20-24 months. Our warranty covers movement overhauls within the first 20-24 months only and will cover any movement accuracy issues only if the movement has been overhauled at the recommended intervals by LIV Watches up until 5 years from the original purchase date.
Please note that our warranty does not cover:
- The consequences of natural disasters, loss or acts of God, theft, or accidents (including shocks, blows, and crushing).
- Damage resulting from improper use or mistreatment.
- Damage resulting from any tampering with the watch by any party whatsoever other than LIV – Swiss Watches or a center duly authorized by LIV – Swiss Watches. Wear and tear from aging and normal use.
- Applications for repair or servicing work that do not include the Warranty Card, a registered watch and a valid serial number on the watch.
- Bracelets, crystals, or crowns & stems.
- Any damage to the movement or case caused by moisture that may have entered the watch due to improper handling, including, but not limited to, failure to keep the crown tightly closed at all times.
- Problems with water resistance and associated consequences if periodic water-resistance tests have not been conducted every two years following the date of purchase.
- Recommended routine overhauls on automatic watches.
For the warranty on your watch to remain valid, you are required to:
- Have previously registered your watch online through LIVwatches.com/register within thirty (30) days of purchase. (This condition is only applicable to you if you purchased your watch from an authorized LIV – Swiss Watches dealer or Amazon.com. You do not need to register your watch if you purchased it from LIVwatches.com or through one of our crowdfunding campaigns.)
- Ensure that the serial number engraved on the case is completely legible and that no part of the lower side of the original number or original case is missing or has been altered, modified, replaced, falsified, defaced, made illegible or erased.
Failure to respect these requirements renders all rights resulting from the LIV Watches International Warranty null and void. Only LIV Watches will decide, at its sole discretion, to repair or take any other appropriate measure regarding the LIV Watches timepiece under this International Warranty.
If you purchase a LIV watch as a gift, please note that the warranty is only registered in your name. The recipient must register the watch in their name within 30 days of receipt at LIVwatches.com/register
Warranties are NOT transferrable after 30 days from the date of purchase.