Five Year Warranty
The making of your watch follows authentic Swiss watch manufacturing tradition. Its water resistance has been tested, and it has also been verified to be in perfect working condition. Still, LIV – Swiss Watches provides an International Warranty which includes:
- A limited warranty of flaws in workmanship and materials for five (5) years after original purchase from LIVwatches.com or an authorized LIV – Swiss Watches dealer.
- Free battery changes for life.
For your International Five Year Warranty to be valid, you are required to:
- Retain, and be ready to present, the Warranty Card you received with your watch. (If you purchased your watch from an authorized LIV – Swiss Watches dealer, the warranty card must contain the store name, address, official authorized LIV – Swiss Watches dealer stamp and sales associate’s signature).
- Have previously registered your watch online through www.LIVwatches.com/register within thirty (30) days of purchase. (This condition is only applicable to you if you purchased your watch from an authorized LIV – Swiss Watches dealer. You do not need to register your watch if you purchased it from LIVwatches.com or on Kickstarter.)
- Ensure that the serial number engraved on the case is completely legible and that no part of the lower side of the original number or original case is missing or has been altered, modified, replaced, falsified, defaced, made illegible or erased.
Failure to respect these requirements renders all rights resulting from the LIV – Swiss Watches Internal Warranty null and void. Only LIV – Swiss Watches will decide, at its sole discretion, to repair or take any other appropriate measure regarding the LIV – Swiss Watches timepiece under this International Warranty.
The present International Warranty does not cover:
- The consequences of natural disasters, loss or acts of God, theft, or accidents (including shocks, blows, and crushing).
- Damage resulting from improper use or mistreatment.
- Damage resulting from any tampering with the watch by any party whatsoever other than LIV – Swiss Watches or a center duly authorized by LIV – Swiss Watches. Wear and tear from aging and normal use.
- Applications for repair or servicing work that do not include the Warranty Card, a registered watch (if purchased from an authorized LIV – Swiss Watches dealer) and a valid serial number on the watch,
- Bracelets or crystals.
- Any damage to the movement or case caused by moisture that may have entered the watch due to improper handling, including, but not limited to, failure to fully screw down the crown after adjusting for time, day or date.
- Problems with water resistance and associated consequences if periodic water-resistance tests have not been conducted every two years following the date of purchase.
This International Warranty replaces and disclaims any warranties implied by local law in some countries, including the implied warranty of merchantability. Local laws in some countries may not allow consequential or incidental damages to be excluded or limited. While this warranty provides you with specific legal rights, you may also have additional rights under your country’s local laws, which may differ from other countries. This warranty does not impact your consumer rights.
Under Australian Consumer Law, LIV – Swiss Watches come with guarantees that cannot be excluded. The customer has a right to a refund or replacement for a major failure, as well as compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable damage or loss. If the watch fails to be of acceptable quality but doesn’t amount to a major failure, the customer is still entitled to have the watch replaced or repaired.
Return or Repair Under Warranty